CMM 2011 - Computer Methods in Mechanics

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Faculty of Civil Engineering

E-mail Print PDF
The Faculty of Civil Engineering was established in 1915, but its tradition goes back to the beginning of the 19th century. It is one of the three oldest faculties of Warsaw University of Technology. The Faculty is located in a separate building and has its own lecture halls as well as teaching and research laboratories. Recently student enrolment to the Faculty is 250 full-time and an equal number of extra-mural and evening students. The overall number of students in the academic year 2005/2006 is ca. 2500.
From 1999 the courses are offered in a uniform three degree system: BSc, MSc, PhD.

The Faculty offers three specialized courses: Building and Civil Engineering Structures, Transportation Engineering, Construction and Technology Management. Within the first specialization students can choose additionally: Theory and Computer Analysis of Structures; Bridges and Underground Structures.
The Faculty employs over 150 academic staff including over 20 professors, and over 90 associate professors and assistant professors. They are supported by numerous technical and administrative staff.

The Faculty permanently cooperates with: the University of Michigan (USA); Gedyminas Technical University (Vilnius, Lithuania); Moscow Civil Engineering Academy (Russia), Dnepropetrovsk State Academy of Civil Engineering (Ukraine), Liege University (Belgium), RWTH (Aachen, Germany), Catholic University (Leuwen, Belgium), Research Institute (Lubljana, Slovenia) and National Institute of Standard and Technology (Gaithersburg).